Copy of Laser Hair Removal in Sarasota
Unwanted face and body hair is easily removed in the privacy and comfort of Dr. Adamson’s Sarasota office. Dr. Adamson uses the time tested, state of the art Lumenis Lightsheer Diode Laser with patented “Chilltip” for maximal treatment benefit with minimal discomfort. Because hair grows in various phases from periods of dormancy to active growth it requires 3-5 treatments to achieve the best results. There is minimal to no downtime. All skin types can be treated with the Lightsheer laser Commonly treated areas by our female laser therapists include the face, underarms, arms, legs, back, chest and bikini line, including the “brazillian” treatment. Call today: 941-343-9900.
|Full Face & Neck||$200||$300||$1,000||$1,500|
|Hands & Fingers||$60||$95||$300||$475|
|Feet & Toes||$60||$95||$300||$475|
|Happy Trail / Stomach Line||$75||$130||$375||$650|
|Chest & Abdomen||$175||$275||$875||$1,375|
* Package includes 6 treatments – Hair growth differs and may take more than 6 treatments to achieve satisfactory results.
Patient Instructions for Laser Hair Removal Treatment
- Avoid the sun for 4-6 weeks before, and 1-2 months after treatment.
- You must avoid bleaching, plucking and/or waxing hair for 6 weeks prior to treatment.
- If you use any products that contain glycolic acid, Retin-A or any astringents- please discontinue their use 3 days prior to treatment.
- If you have a history of perioral herpes, prophylactic antiviral therapy should be started the day prior to treatment, and continues for a week after treatment. Please let our staff know if this applies to you.
- Also, the use of self tanning creams should be discontinued one week prior to treatment.
During the treatment
- The skin is cleansed and shaved. The use of a topical numbing cream is optional.
- When treating the facial areas near the mouth, the teeth may be protected with gauze if you have sensitive teeth.
- Epidermal melanocytes compete as the chromophore for the laser device with melanin at the target site.
- Safety considerations are important during the laser procedure. Protective eyewear will be worn by the Patient and any personnel in the procedure room during the treatment to reduce the chance of damage to the retina.
- No children are allowed in the procedure room while anyone is receiving any type of laser treatment.
- Immediately following the treatment, you will notice redness and swelling in the area that was treated, which may last up to 2-3 days. The treated area may feel like a sunburn for several hours after the treatment. Ice can be applied to the treated area to reduce swelling and any discomfort that may be experienced.
- Antibiotic ointment may be used for 3-4 days, but is usually not necessary. Those with dark complexions may have more discomfort than those with lighter complexions after treatment.
- Makeup should be avoided on those areas treated for 24 hours, or until the redness goes away.
- Avoid sun exposure to reduce the chance of hyper pigmentation. A sunscreen with an SPF of at least 25 should be used at all times throughout the course of treatment.
- Avoid picking or scratching skin that has been treated. Do not use any hair removal treatment products, other than shaving the treated area for 4-6 weeks after treatment.
- When new hair growth is noticed, call our office to schedule your next treatment. New hair growth is usually not noticed for 2-3 weeks after your treatment.
- 5-14 Days after each treatment, the surface hair may begin to shed. Keep in mind that this is not new hair growth. The treated hair will fall out on its own, so you do not have to do anything during this phase, however if you wish to speed the shedding, light exfoliation with a washcloth or loofa will assist with the shedding.
- If you have your underarms treated, use baby powder instead of deodorant for the first 24 hours after treatment.
Feel free to contact out office if you have any questions or concerns after